February 24, 2010

Memorizing scripture - Feb

So lets see if I can remember the scripture I memorized. . . before I write a whole blog and lose track of it.

Luke 10:27
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind, with all your strength and . . . and I forgot. I almost had it but here it is from my bible:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soud and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, love your neighbor as yourself."

It's something I try to repeat throughout the day so I can remember it, sometimes I mix up part of it and then forget the whole thing but its not so bad if I know where it's at in the bible. Its always a good thing to open up the Word and spend that time with the Lord.
The study book I'm working on is 10 Ways to Love Your Children and I havnt started the 10 yet, i've been working on the beginning part that gives reasons to spend time in the word and shares how we need to fill our hearts before we can give our heart away, or share God with others. Because if we are tired and havnt spent that time with God and allowed him to refresh us daily then how will we teach our children how to live for Him? Only when our hearts are full can we give them away.
First thing I'm learning: 
Take Time To Nurture Your Heart 

And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 
Deuteronomy 6:6
  • It's all about your heart. (Luke 10:27 remember?) God's word in our heart will keep us from forgetting who he is.
  • Taking Care of Business. Before we can mother and train our kids we need to take care of business with God. Take care of our own hearts. To nurture our littles we need to be nurtured and filled ourselves.
  • Let the Transformation Begin! If we dont sit down every day and let the Lord transform us, weather reading the word daily or if you cant then praying, we will start running on empty. Without spiritual refueling our parenting is empty and we may lose our motivation. If our hearts arent full...if we're heartless... we begin putting up with things the way they are. We may fail to make sure our children's hearts are being continually molded heavenward. If we arent daily in the word and spending time with the Lord our parenting and our lives will be worldly. If we are not walking in the Spirit our parenting will show it. (Galatians 5)
  • Strength for Each Stretching Day. The only way to manage a marriage (if you are married), housework, the first kid, the second kid. . etc, finances, everyday life - looking to God's empowering and peace producing word. "The degree of our spiritual strength will be in direct proportion to the time we spend in God's Word."
I got all that from A Mom After God's Own Heart. But its not something I'm learning for the first time. I know how important the Word is and spending time with God is. I've experienced how a day with Him is and how a day without Him is. I've been living for myself which means I've kind of lost track of waking up and Giving God my firsts. When I first started living for him I can remember waking up each day and as I breathe just thanking God that I had breath. Praying before I got out of bed that he would take control and guide me. Seeing something beautiful and instantly thanking God for it. Talking to him about everything. I know how it is to live for God and lately I've seen how it is to love him and want to live for him but only letting my heart be filled enough to live. I'm ready to allow Him to fill it enough not just for me but overflowing for others. 

I'm ready God to live for you again. To give you everyday. Forgive me for being forgetful, and for falling short. We all fall short of the glory... I know that. I want more!!!! I'm ready to not just receive more but to give more. I receive your love, your glory, your word, your strength. You've given me a gift: a precious little girl. I want her to know you. She's learned that I will take care of her and love her and feed her. I pray she learns from me that when she's hungry for more than just what this earth has for her she has you. Your word says that even the little babies praise you...  Thank you for this gift. When I wake up tomorrow and know I should open your word and pray and give you the day and then I just dont do it, forgive me and push me Lord because that is what I want to do. My heart is yours :)

No comments: