This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
I'm going to try and live the way this author writes about. Because being a mom and a wife and a maid and working and maybe even going to school, though i dont, so many of us juggle with all those things and sometimes it can get out of control and we lose track of what we're living for. Then we start living for ourselves. So lets try this for a while:
- Develop a pattern for your week. What does our week need to look like in order to accomplish the raising of children with a heart for God? Get priorities right. Make sure there's a schedule allowing time for you and eventually your kids to have daily bible time.
- Analyze TV time. Learning God's word, spending time with Him, teaching our children His life, and worshiping him have nothing to do with TV. Too much is too much. When its becoming a distraction then turn it off.
- Choose a devotional book. Feed your soul!!! Its hard to just pick up the bible and read. So use what resources we have to not just read scripture but understand what we are reading.
- Memorize one verse. So many people in the bible new God's word. Try memorizing one a week. (I've started this week with Luke 10:27 - loving God with all your heart. I've pretty much got it down so now I'm trying to remember psalm 118:24 which says this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.)
- Pray for your heart. Give yourself to God each day. Whats in your heart, good or bad, He will help you with as you open your heart to Him.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.