September 6, 2011

Encourage






My life needs a little encouragement lately. So I'm wondering how I could encourage someone else when I am in this position.



I know my God is a good God. A BIG God.
Nothing is too small for Him to handle.
And He would not give me too much that I would not be able to handle it.


                                       1 Corinthians 10:13






So I wonder what is my way out of this mess I'm in? I realize I'm in a position where some things I can handle and others I need to let go and let God. . .              

Maybe I'm too scared or feel too small to handle things. I'm not alone. Laziness takes over all the time and I give up all the time. I'll get stuff done tomorrow. It's the weekend I'll work on getting organized Monday. Faith where did you disappear to?

My husband needs a well paying job.
I dont want to work and be away from my kids but I should work too, I just about have no choice.
There is so many things that need to be better.

But in it all I know we are blessed. I know my God is BIG and loves us. I wake up every morning in love with my kids and ready to play. When things drag me down it doesnt last long because I am happy and in love and taken care of. I think if theres things that I want to be better then I need to take a step and do more to make it happen. Sometimes I wonder when I grew up and had to take care of myself because I'd rather go to Toyz R Us and play. But let me be the encourager for myself and for whoever else needs to hear it:

God is good. If today isn't, well 
tomorrow is a new day. 




4 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

keep clinging to Jesus! praying for you! xo

Angel said...

Lamentations 3:22-23 Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness! Rest in Jesus, friend!

angie on maui said...

I love that you chose to write the words "Let Go and Let God"; one of most influential books I've ever read is entitled "Let Go and Let God" (Albert Cliffe) and I've recommended this book to family and friends because it was so powerful and so moving. Reading this post was such a wonderful reminder that yes, our God is a good God...and a very BIG God. Nothing is impossible when we turn everything over to Him.

Thank you for sharing such honesty in your posts! xoxo

Unknown said...

I think I'll look for the book :)